Friday, June 12, 2009

Fusion Tables

So I admit it, I read slashdot (who doesn't?? *grin*). While some topics I really do not care about, for some reason "Oracle" in the headline does. =) And I am not opposed to Oracle-bashing, because I do a fair share myself.


I love how folks at Google Labs come up with all this crazy stuff. And not just GL, but Apple and lots of other places as well. The way technology moves is absolutely spellbinding, and I mean that in the most literal sense possible. *grin*

What I hate is techno-marketing gibberish:
"So now we have an n-cube, a four-dimensional space, and in that space we can now do new kinds of queries which create new kinds of products and new market opportunities"
Ok so I can grapple with n-cube or 4-space. Show me a query that can create a new kind of product. Heck, show me a query that can make an old product! Create new market opportunities?!? Come on, everything in the galaxy is a market opportunity. You couldn't hit a house fly with a query. And I mean that in the most literal sense. *wink*

No comments: